MEINS is pleased to announce a significant milestone in its 25-year journey. The company’s Founder and CEO, Mr. Julián Herrero González, will transition to the role of Board President, paving the way for a dynamic successor, Mr. Alejandro González García.
Alejandro González García (Salamanca, Spain, 1993 / Graduate in Electrical Engineering, MBA & Master in Project Management), current CTO & CCO, is a seasoned professional with a remarkable nine-year tenure at Meins, during which he demonstrated unwavering dedication and contributed significantly across various departments. In his own words, “I am truly grateful to Julian for his confidence in entrusting me with this new challenge, and more importantly, for being an exceptional mentor throughout my years at the company.”
Expressing his enthusiasm for the role, Alejandro emphasized, “I am fully motivated and committed to this new position. My goal is to build upon the solid foundation laid by Julian and continue supporting the company’s growth. We aim to expand our presence in the renewable sector, not only in the mature solar industry, where Meins is already a leading supplier of Precast MV Stations but also by venturing into new markets.”
MEINS is poised to explore emerging opportunities in the renewable energy landscape, with a strategic focus on diversifying its business lines. Alejandro elaborated on the vision, stating, “We plan to strengthen our foothold in the MV station for BESS sector, delve into H2 generation products, and explore innovative heating generation solutions.”
While Alejandro is confident that this succession will maintain the company’s core philosophy, he anticipates injecting fresh perspectives to empower Meins in the years to come. The company remains steadfast in its commitment to sustainable growth, and the transition marks a strategic move to position itself at the forefront of evolving markets within the renewable energy domain.
Mr. Julian Herrero, the outgoing CEO, expressed his confidence in Alejandro’s abilities, stating, “I am thrilled to witness the next phase of Meins under Alejandro’s leadership. This transition is a testament to the strength and continuity of our organizational values.”
MEINS Company looks forward to the future with optimism, anticipating continued success and innovation under its new leadership.
1. What excites you the most about stepping into the role of CEO at MEINS, especially during its 25th-anniversary milestone?
I am genuinely thrilled to lead MEINS, particularly at its 25th anniversary. The prospect of steering the company toward new milestones while honouring its rich legacy is both an honour and a thrilling challenge.
2. You’ve been with MEINS for nine years, working across various departments. How will your past experiences contribute to your approach as the new CEO, and what aspects of the company culture do you plan to uphold?
My diverse background within MEINS, from an intern to Sales Director and Chief Technical Officer, has given me a holistic understanding of the company. I aim to uphold our collaborative culture, where each team member’s contribution is valued, fostering an environment that encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
3. MEINS is known for its leadership in the mature solar sector. How do you envision expanding the company’s presence in renewable markets, including ventures into MV stations for BESS, Hydrogen generation, and heating solutions?
We plan to leverage our solar sector leadership as a foundation, diversifying into MV stations for BESS, Hydrogen generation, and heating solutions. This expansion aligns with our commitment to sustainable growth, tapping into emerging markets to solidify our presence in the renewable energy landscape.
4. In your own words, you mentioned building on a “solid base.” Could you elaborate on the specific strategies you have in mind to ensure the company’s continued growth and success?
Building on our solid base involves strategic diversification, investment in innovation, and maintaining strong relationships with our partners. By staying adaptable and responsive to market trends, we aim to secure sustained growth for MEINS.
5. As the company embraces new business lines, what challenges do you anticipate, and how do you plan to overcome them while maintaining MEINS’ commitment to sustainability?
Challenges may arise in market entry and technological adaptation. We’ll overcome them through agile strategies, fostering a culture of continuous learning, and ensuring our expansions align with sustainable practices, minimizing environmental impact.
6. With Mr. Julian Herrero transitioning to the role of Board President, how do you foresee collaboration between your new role and his continued influence on the broader organization?
I anticipate a collaborative partnership with Julian (as up to date) leveraging his wealth of experience in the broader organization. Our synergy will ensure a seamless transition and foster a unified vision for the company’s future.
7. What message would you like to convey to MEINS employees, stakeholders, and the broader community about your vision and leadership style as the new CEO?
My vision is one of collaborative leadership, where every individual’s contribution is valued. Together, we’ll pursue innovation, sustainability, and growth. MEINS is not just a workplace but a community committed to making a social positive impact.